By Sabina Mollot
With the holiday season around the corner, Town & Village is asking readers and community residents to help spread cheer by participating in our annual holiday toy drive.
This year, the drive will deliver gifts to Mt. Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center. Toys will then be distributed to children of patients of the hospital’s outpatient clinic programas as well as to children who’ll be spending their holidays in hospital rooms while undergoing medical treatment.
Gifts appropriate for children of all ages are welcome with items for older kids (13 and 14-year-olds) being the highest need. Due to hospital policy, the donated items must be new. Partnering with T&V on the drive this year by providing convenient dropoff points are CWCapital/CompassRock, the management of Waterside Plaza and M&T Bank.
Through December 12, toys may be left at:
• The new Stuyvesant Town management office at 276 First Avenue
• M&T Bank at 397 First Avenue near 23rd Street
• Waterside Management Office, 30 Waterside Plaza
• Waterside Swim & Health Club, 35 Waterside Plaza
• Waterside Community Center, 40 Waterside Plaza, Level A
• The Town & Village office at 20 West 22nd Street, 14th floor.
Bonnie Robbins, PhD, co-ordinator at Mt. Sinai Beth Israel, said gifts from drives have made a world of a difference to the children the hospital serves. In many cases, their families would not be able to provide them with any presents .