Police Watch: Man killed on Avenue D, Woman wanted for burglary on E. 33rd

Shaquille Fuller

Shaquille Fuller

Police said that 33-year-old Shemrod Isaac was shot and killed in front of the Lillian Wald Houses at 20 Avenue D on Monday around 4:33 p.m. Officers were responding to an assault in front of the location and upon arrival, they determined that Isaac was shot four times by an unknown suspect. EMS responded and transported Isaac to Beth Israel Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Police said that Isaac was a resident at the Lillian Wald Houses.
Police are looking for 21-year-old Shaquille Fuller, also a resident in the Lillian Wald Houses, in connection with this incident. Anyone with information about Fuller’s whereabouts is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at nypdcrimestoppers.com or texting TIP577 and their tips to 274637(CRIMES).

The New York City Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance identifying a suspect wanted for a burglary within the confines of the 17th Precinct. On Thursday, January 29 at 6:30 p.m., the suspect walked into the apartment building located at 330 East 33rd Street, entered an unlocked apartment and took a Macbook Air, assorted jewelry and an undetermined amount of money. Detectives are hoping to speak to the woman seen on surveillance cameras inside the building at the time of the burglary. She is a black woman with long black hair.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.

Police are hoping to speak with this woman.

Police are hoping to speak with this woman.

Police arrested 34-year-old Gregory McNeil for criminal nuisance inside the Union Square subway station last Saturday at 9:35 p.m. A witness told police that McNeil was on an uptown R train and when it was pulling into the station, he allegedly threatened to shoot numerous passengers on the train. When an officer arrived, the train was being held inn the station and a witness identified McNeil.
When police approached him to tell him to exit the train, he allegedly had both hands in his pockets and was immediately uncooperative and verbally abusive. There were about 30 people on the train and police said that McNeil had alarmed all of them. He was also charged with an unclassified violation of New York State laws and disorderly conduct. No weapon was recovered at the scene.

Police arrested 21-year-old Esther Rodriguez for prostitution inside Cheryl Beauty and Nail Salon at 133 Lexington Avenue last Saturday at 2:15 p.m. Rodriguez performed a massage on an undercover officer and allegedly agreed manually stimulate his penis in exchange for $100.

Police arrested 22-year-olds Leslie Walker and Darryl Davis for a fight at the corner of Fourth Avenue and East 14th Street last Friday at 4:44 a.m. Walker allegedly engaged in a fight with Davis using obscene language, causing a crowd to form. Police said that the fight moved into the Union Square subway station and Walker allegedly became more irate, flailing his arms while yelling and pushing the officers. Police said that he appeared to be under the influence of alcohol.
Davis allegedly engaged with Walker both verbally and physically, throwing a glass bottle in Walker’s direction. Police said that Walker had a cut above his left eye and was removed to the hospital for stitches. Davis allegedly said that he threw the bottle at Walker to defend himself.
Walker was charged with resisting arrested, an unclassified public administration misdemeanor and disorderly conduct and Davis was charged with assault.

Police arrested 36-year-old Michael Kim for assault inside 25 Waterside Plaza last Saturday at 1:54 a.m. The victim told police that while waiting for the bus, he and Kim got into an argument, which resulted in Kim allegedly spraying the victims in the face with mace, causing injury to his face and eyes. Kim allegedly pepper-sprayed two other people at the bus stop. Police said that none of the victims knew each other or Kim before the incident.

James Renshaw, 25, was arrested last Tuesday at 12:40 p.m. for perjury at East 14th Street and Union Square East. Renshaw allegedly told police that when he was leaving the subway station at 125th Street and Lexington Avenue, a man asked for a MetroCard swipe and when he took out his wallet, the man snatched it. Upon further investigation, police said that he recanted his story and said that he had lost his wallet and the incident hadn’t occurred. He told police that he realized he no longer had his wallet when he was leaving the train at 125th Street and Lexington Avenue. Renshaw was also charged with filing a false report.

Police arrested 24-year-old Kevin McDonald for grand larceny last Tuesday at 10:33 p.m. in front of Raymi at 43 West 24th Street. The victim told police that she was looking through her backpack and realized that her wallet was missing. She said that she had put her bag inside the employee locker room on top of a grease trap at 6 p.m. and realized that it was gone at 10:10 p.m. McDonald was allegedly on surveillance video taking the victim’s wallet at 9:45 p.m. Police said that he walked back into the restaurant at 10:15 p.m. and admitted that he took the wallet. McDonald was also charged with possession of stolen property.

Police arrested 51-year-old Francis Camilleri for burglar’s tools at the corner of East 27th Street and Lexington Avenue last Wednesday at 11:09 p.m. Camilleri was allegedly attempting to break the lock on a bicycle at the location. Police said that he removed the front tire from a chained bicycle and left with the stolen tire.

Eighteen-year-old Sean Kelly was arrested for assault in front of Bellevue Hospital last Monday at 11:15 a.m. Police said that punched another man in the face, causing redness and swelling.

Police arrested 25-year-olds Vincent Kalman and Christopher Judd in connection with an assault in front of 395 Third Avenue, which is home to a 7-Eleven and an AT&T store. They were arrested last Saturday at 7:46 p.m. after Kalman and Judd allegedly hit the victim on the top of the head, causing a cut. The three people involved in the fight didn’t know each other, police said.

Twenty-year-old Matthew Perez was arrested inside the Union Square subway station last Saturday at 11:46 a.m. for possession of a weapon. Police said that Perez was carrying a gravity knife on the right side of his cargo pants pocket.

Police arrested 24-year-old Espartaco Albornoz for theft of services inside the Union Square subway station last Sunday at 4:30 a.m. Police said that Albornoz tripled up with two other people to avoid paying the fare. He allegedly stayed in the station without the authority to be there and was also charged with criminal trespassing. The two other people Albornoz entered the station with were not arrested.

2 thoughts on “Police Watch: Man killed on Avenue D, Woman wanted for burglary on E. 33rd

  1. The man arrested arrested for mace article upset me. All information is provided is incorrect. The arrested is the actual victim.

    The men who were allegedly maced were indeed togther. They all came from the same party and were more came to assist in attempt of jumping the real victim, Michael Kim.

    The real victim was forced to use mace in self defense.

    Why would anyone mace a person and 2 random other people?

    Looks like the supposed victims were able to come togther with a bogus story.

  2. I might be inclined to believe the “victims” – if it weren’t for a huge inconsistency in their story. Any resident who regularly takes the bus knows that the last M34A leaves waterside plaza at 12:30AM and doesn’t start running again until 5-6 in the morning. The article states this Kim guy got arrested at 1:54AM.

    So lets get this straight: four completely “unrelated” people are waiting outdoors in 15 degree weather for a bus that isn’t coming for another 3+ hours? I find it hard to believe that at least one of them wouldn’t check the bus schedule to see when the next one was coming if they were really strangers.

    The real question is: why were those four people at the bus stop in the first place?

    Based on the snippet alone, sounds like three people were looking for trouble, got maced, then called for help. If they admitted they knew each other to the police, any semi-intelligent cop would have known they were up to no good, especially at that time and location.

    1) The bus stop story is nonsense. I just don’t believe it. Four strangers don’t wait for phantom buses at that time of night, especially in a place as desolate as the FDR drive.

    2) If the three alleged victims were strangers, why didn’t #2 and #3 get security (only a few feet away from the bus stop) when #1 was arguing with Kim? Why stay even remotely close to #1?

    3) One guy pepper spraying three guys? Just that alone sounds like self-defense.

    Sorry, but this story reeks of bullsh*t.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.