The Stuyvesant Town-Peter Cooper Village Tenants Association, via an email blast sent out late Thursday, is urging residents to attend a rally at City Hall on Monday at 9 a.m. Read on for details.
Is your rent more than $4,000 . . . less than $2,500 . . . or anywhere in between?
THIS AFFECTS YOU
On June 15–less than four months from now–all rent protections will end unless renewed by the state legislature and the governor. By March 11, New York City needs to renew the rent laws too. Without renewal, you may not be able to afford your rent. Every one of us is affected.
Ambushed by a massive rent increase on renewal?
Tired of paying MCIs forever?
Want this to change?
Kickoff event: Monday, March 2, at 9 a.m.
Rally on the steps of City Hall.
Attend hearing afterward, City Council chambers, 2nd floor.
Next step: Pressure the state legislature, the new Speaker of the Assembly, and the Governor:
- write letters (by hand, if you can-it shows politicians you care)
- sign postcards
- complete online and hand-signed petitions
- attend rallies and hearings
We’ll be sending you more information soon.
If you don’t act . . .
- Without rent stabilization, there will be no limits on rent increases and no automatic right to a lease renewal. We could all face eviction at the landlord’s whim.
- Without renewal of rent stabilization, Roberts means nothing and SCRIE/DRIE will disappear.
We can win only if you participate. Want to do even more? Let us know by phone or email.
Have you considered volunteering with us? If you have special skills or want to help distribute flyers and talk to neighbors in your building, let us know by calling the Message Center at (866) 290-9036 or signing up at: http://stpcvta.org/neighbor.network.
Please consider additional financial support to help bolster our legal fund by donating at http://stpcvta.org/donate